Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Future Tales

Staff Reports from Heaven on Recent Arrivals:
Case 784

A really cute and important CEO entered last week, resume in hand. The Entrance Angels read through his material and all thought it quite impressive. So, after the usual plush meal of WhateverYouWant, the illustrious CEO was assigned to the task of getting up each morning at 6 AM and persuading all the birds to start singing.

“Hmm...pretty important job,” thought the CEO.

A few days later he reported back to the Assignment Desk, quite annoyed. “Are you guys pulling my leg?” he complained. “These damn birds don’t need me to persuade them to sing – they’re babbling and warbling on their own even before I get out there.”

“Oops,” murmured the Assignment Angel. “My bad – it was a typo. Forgive me. Your task is quite different.”

“Ok, well – what?” barked the CEO.

“Your task is to get up every morning at 6 AM and listen to the birds sing.”

1 comment:

Mara said...

I want THAT job! I can do that :)